The BAPP journey begins..........

Modules 1 and 2 completed in 2011/2012! After interrupting for 2 years I am now back to my BAPP studies and ready to conduct my professional inquiry.....

"What is the best way to prepare someone for full time professional training in Musical Theatre/Dance?"


Thursday, March 1, 2012

Task 4c - Professional Associate

Actually as soon as I started Task 4a, I was doing Task 4c without even realising it.  Instinctively I contacted all my professional colleagues within my network, particularly interested in previous tutors and friends who had undertaken full time training.

To me their input in the whole process will be invaluable.  Talk to those who know, who have personally experienced it. People who will be honest with you and make you question the questions.

Working primarily as a freelance teacher I didn't want to depend on one of my bosses to be my main mentor. I decided to ask the Head of Acting at my old college, Andy Smith. He has continually supported me, throughout my training and since graduating.

I can trust fully that he will guide me in the right direction and give me advice throughout the Inquiry process. I know that he will be honest within his discussions and will make me critically think throughout every step. He will challenge me and my opinions and push me to my limit.

I think it is fair to say that he will be the perfect mentor for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment