The BAPP journey begins..........

Modules 1 and 2 completed in 2011/2012! After interrupting for 2 years I am now back to my BAPP studies and ready to conduct my professional inquiry.....

"What is the best way to prepare someone for full time professional training in Musical Theatre/Dance?"


Sunday, November 6, 2011

Task 2C: Reflective Theory

Hello :)

So after lots of note taking, reading, re-reading, applying practices, journal writing, etc. I have finished my essay on my use of Reflective Practice.

I have tried to be as thorough as possible and have really tried to relate the practices back the me and how they have helped with my Professional Reflection.

Please take a read if you get a chance and let me know what you think. Any comments are greatly appreciated.

Take care, Jo :)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XIPG4ERFRpRpfIw1pud-x9ALem9Xl7SJ359xc4esCsE/edit

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, I found it really interesting that when you were talking about muscle memory and clapping your hands in the number that you purposely didn't think about what you were doing and actually consciously thought about something else. Twyla Thwarp interested me most from the reader from what she said about muscle memory and I have noticed that I will make mistakes if I find that I have been thinking about something while I have been dancing and then suddenly remembered that I have not been thinking about it and therefore over thought what was coming next. I have never deliberately not thought about what I am doing and purely relied on muscle memory though, I think that was quite brave of you to do but also it enabled you to be able to think about other things which maybe you needed to if something had gone wrong on the stage.
    I wonder if I practiced this more (consciously not thinking about what I am dancing) would my muscle memory improve/ become stronger? Or is it something that is already instilled in me and I haven't realised how reliable it is? Also if I don't consciously think about the steps and the order that they come will I not be improving myself as a dancer? Will I give in to or start to get into bad habits and poorer technique? I think I might try this in our next rehearsal and see what I find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emily, I'd be really interested to find out how it went for you? I only ever did it on that one number and Im not sure how it would work if I tried to do that all the time!!
    It was one of those routines that every move is really similar but with a very slight difference and as soon as you go wrong it is very difficult to get back on track with, so i felt I had to rely on Muscle Memory in order to get through it. Let me know how it goes xx

    ReplyDelete