The BAPP journey begins..........

Modules 1 and 2 completed in 2011/2012! After interrupting for 2 years I am now back to my BAPP studies and ready to conduct my professional inquiry.....

"What is the best way to prepare someone for full time professional training in Musical Theatre/Dance?"


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Campus Session - 5th October

Well, it was an early start as I was up at 4.30am to do the long drive down to Middlesex, however I am so glad I did and that I was actually able to make it.  It was so lovely to meet people face to face, rather than having only a cyber relationship.  This is interesting as it is something we discussed a lot during the session.  Have we lost the ability to have actual Human Interaction?? Are we simply machines that now communicate only via the web and would we be equipped to have an actual conversation with another person?? Sounds a little drastic perhaps, and especially with our profession I believe we would all have great people skills, but as a generation on the whole is this now the case???

When handed the day's schedule I thought a 1hr 20min group task would be very difficult to conduct, however this was definitely not the case.  Ideas were bouncing around, the creative juices were flowing and the time simply flew by!! Thank you to Group 2 for a great team task :)

It was great to hear everybody's ideas, beliefs and opinions and it definitely made me stop and ask, well what do I think about this?? The 3 hours were over before I knew it and I came away feeling much more settled and I have to say excited about the journey ahead!!!

I really do hope I can make the other campus sessions and to anyone who perhaps could make them but it is perhaps a long journey or you have to re-arrange work, I would advise to do so as it was a huge help to me!! Thanks to Alan and Paula for a great session :)

No comments:

Post a Comment