The BAPP journey begins..........

Modules 1 and 2 completed in 2011/2012! After interrupting for 2 years I am now back to my BAPP studies and ready to conduct my professional inquiry.....

"What is the best way to prepare someone for full time professional training in Musical Theatre/Dance?"


Saturday, October 1, 2011

Task 1a: Professional Profile - 1st draft

Hey guys, this is the 1st draft of my Professional Profile. I'm sure it will need lots of adapting, so any comments are really appreciated. Thank you :) xx

Jo Bradley - Professional Profile
Performing has always been a true love of mine and is an integral part of my life.  I am passionate about all areas of the arts, in particular Musical Theatre and from an early age I made this part of my life, performing in amateur productions and taking classes in Dance, Singing and Acting.  I soon became committed to pursuing a career in this industry and was thrilled to be offered a scholarship at the prestigious Laine Theatre Arts.
I spent three fantastic years training intensely in all areas of Musical Theatre and my passion for the arts continued to grow, along with the development of my skills and technique. Whilst training I was fortunate enough to play such diverse roles as Ida in Honk, Ava in Stop the World I want to Get Off and the Narrator in UnderMilkwood.  I found a particular love for Acting during my three years at Laine’s and decided to take an additional Level 6 Diploma in Performing Speech and Drama, along with my Diploma in Professional Musical Theatre.
The experiences, skills and knowledge gained during my training are invaluable and they have enabled me to pursue a career in something I truly love.  After graduating I was fortunate enough to be offered a job as Singer/Dancer for QDOS Entertainment and have recently enjoyed a great contract onboard the Celebrity Infinity. 
Whilst training, I also discovered a love for teaching the Arts and began to consider this as a possible future career.  My time in between performing contracts is spent teaching Musical Theatre to Children and I get a buzz from this which is parallel to that of when performing.  I hope that in the future I can undertake a more permanent career in teaching, sharing my experiences and passion for the Arts with a younger generation.

6 comments:

  1. I have to say this is a lovely, passionate profile. You have certainly managed to depict how much you love performing! It has inspired me to put a little more in to mine for my second draft.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jo
    Lovely profile. I agree fully with Jessica, the way you have written this allows your excitement and joy for performing jump off the page. Just out of interest, what is it about the teaching that gives you the same "buzz" as performing, it might be quite nice to include this. I would also love to know what it was that learned from you additional Level 6 Diploma in Performing Speech and Drama training that you did that was different to the musical theatre course, and, how the two trainings that you have had work together.
    Ps-I love the Infinity it's still one of my favourite ships to have worked on. We must try and speak on the Campus session (are you able to make it?) as we will undoubtedly know the same people.
    I'm off to read your CV now, like you though i'm still having problems 'following people', RSS readers etc...as you say in another of your posts though it's OK to be a little confused and slowly work it out.
    Stay safe - Phil

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jo
    Your profile definately shows passion and energy in what you are doing. You could include the different dance styles that you trained in and perhaps why you love a particular dance style as you haven't mentioned dance. I've never experienced dancing on ship, I know I don't have sea legs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks again for all the great comments and suggestions.....

    Jessica - Thank you very much, I'm glad that my passion for the Arts comes across so clearly :)

    Phil - That's a really interesting point. The 2 diplomas definitely work side by side with each other. I will try and see if I can integrate this in somewhere. What a small world!!! Did you work for QDOS on Celebrity? We will have to chat tomorrow! xxx

    Corinda - A great suggestion also, as there are defintiely certain styles that I loved more than others. I am definitely not a prima ballerina but do love Jazz and more contemporary styles, so perhaps it would be appropriate to mention this!

    Thank you so so much. Im going to make some changes and will put the new versions up as soon as I get a minute.
    Tomorrow I'm planning on going through everyone's CVs and Profiles so be prepared for the blogging to commence :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey Jo

    I completely agree with everyone here! I think that you have a load of passion for the arts and have shown this not only in this but by not getting an office job and passing your knowledge onto others. Maybe you could mention why you love teaching ie 'the buzz' like Phil suggested. I think maybe it would be quite nice to say how you found doing the different Diploma courses. They must have been challenging but in completely different ways!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jo! It was lovely to meet you yesterday! I think your Professional Profile lacks... (booooooo from audience, Phil,Corinda, Lisa and Jessica) Just kidding! I thought I'd pretend to be Simon Cowell for ten seconds to make everyone laugh (as I can see following people can be difficult on here) I agree with all of the above. It is well structured and has given me a clear idea on what to write.

    Lily
    X

    ReplyDelete